Acting as Members
of the International
Facing Up to
Acting as Members of the International CommunityWe will comply with laws and regulations, and act to the highest ethical standards.
We will respect human rights and never engage in discrimination of any kind.
Compliance and Integrity
- We will be aware of our role as members of the international community, and comply with the laws and regulations of every country and region where we do business.
- We will be guided by our conscience and dignity as business people, and act to the highest ethical standards.
Respect for Human Rights and Cultural Diversity
- We will respect human rights and will not engage in discrimination of any kind.
- We will gain a thorough understanding of the culture, customs, and history of every country and region where we do business and respect them.
- We will prevent human rights violations. We will collaborate with suppliers to ensure that we do not contribute to human rights violations such as child labor and orced labor.
An Open-minded OrganizationWe will respect the individuality and diversity of every employee, and foster a culture of open-mindedness.
- We will respect the individuality and diversity of every employee of the Mitsui & Co. Group and promote an environment in which a diverse range of people are able to realize their full potential.
- We will strive to foster a culture of open-mindedness and cultivate a vibrant and open working environment.
- We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment or workplace bullying.
Fair business PracticesWe will engage in fair business practices, and respond to the trust placed in us by society with good faith and sincerity.
Compliance with Antitrust and Competition Laws
- We will comply with all laws and regulations concerning antitrust and fair competition in all countries and regions where we do business. We will always compete fairly and freely.
Gifts and Entertainment
- We will comply with laws and regulations concerning corruption and bribery. We will not provide inappropriate gifts, entertainment, or other economic benefits.
- We will not accept gifts, entertainment, or other economic benefits that exceed socially appropriate levels.
Political Donations and Contributions
- We will make clear the purpose and social significance of any political donations or contributions to various organizations, comply with the relevant laws and regulations, and follow all official procedures to ensure transparency.
Conflicts of Interest
- We will not engage in activities that conflict with the interests of the company, such as trading with the company on our own behalf, or giving priority to another company’s interests.
- We will use the company’s assets and information systems only for business purposes.
- We will not trade in shares or other securities using material non-public information pertaining to the Mitsui & Co. Group or its business partners.
Information and Intellectual Property
- We will strictly control the handling of the company’s confidential information and use it solely for the company’s business operations.
- We will strictly control the handling of personal data and comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- We will respect the confidential information and intellectual property rights of third parties.
- We will comply with the laws, regulations and procedures relating to the import and export of goods.
- We will comply with the laws and regulations relating to security trade controls in export and international trade to maintain international peace and security.
Accounting Reports and Tax Compliance
- We will use the company’s funds and assets only for legitimate business purposes, and manage them appropriately.
- We will report accounting information appropriately and in a timely manner, and comply with our tax obligations in a fair manner.
Responding to Organized Crime Groups
- We will maintain a resolute stance against organized crime groups, and will not engage in any form of transactions with organized crime groups or business partners related to organized crime groups.
- We will not be involved in any criminal activity, such as terrorism or money laundering.
Facing Up to Global ChallengesWe will place value on the global environment, and contribute to the realization of prosperity and a high quality of life for society.
Protecting the Environment
- We will comply with environmental laws and regulations. We will work to conserve the environment and seek to promote the efficient utilization of resources and energy.
- We will consider environmental impacts when engaging in business operations, and strive to balance our business activities with environmental conservation.
- We will endeavor to sustain harmony with local communities and the international community as a good corporate citizen, and to build relationships of trust with our stakeholders.
- We will strive to build a sustainable society by actively promoting social contribution and to realize prosperity and a high quality of life in local communities and the international community.
Speaking UpWe will speak up with courage when we have doubts or feel that something is wrong, for the good of the company.
- We will promptly report any actions that might go against these conduct guidelines to the company and seek advice, even if we are uncertain about whether or not such actions are actually against these guidelines.
- We will actively cooperate when we are asked to assist in an investigation by the relevant organization.
Prohibition against Detrimental Treatment and Retaliation
- We will not tolerate the detrimental treatment of, or retaliation against, any person who has submitted a report and/or sought advice in good faith, or cooperated in an investigation.
Safety managementWe shall never neglect safety management and work in an attitude that puts people first.